Answers to Topo Revision
Answers to SURVEY OF INDIA MAP SHEET No. 45D/7 (Es 80-89 and Ns 87-97):
- Contour of 200 m height.
- Perennial lined well.
- Lime kiln, it is a large furnace for baking limestone.
- 7r means the relative height of river bank is 7 m.
- Stony waste is a barren land which has stones.
- 6r means the relative height of the sand dune is 6m.
6. Gradient is a degree of slope of a land surface, stream, road railway away from horizontal, it is expressed as a percentage or an angular measurement from the horizontal.
7. The main mode of irrigation is perennial lined wells and river water because a number of blue dots can be seen on the map. A narrow channel of water flowing through river also provides water for irrigation.
8. The most dominant mode of transport is cart track.
- On the right bank.
- Mahodeviyo Nala joins the main river from its left bank.
- The people belong to Hindu community.
Answers to SURVEY OF INDIA MAP SHEET No. 45D/7 (Es 80-89 and Ns 76-86)
- It is a surveyor’s mark cut in some durable fixed material such as a rock, or the wall, or face of building, for which the height above the bottom level is accurately determined.
- Unmetalled road
- Broken ground
- Tehsil boundary
- 6r means the depth of lined well is 6m.
- The height of the highest trigonometrical station is 307 and is located in grid square 8584.
- Some tract of land is not cultivated because it is barren and broken by numerous streams flowing over it.
- Grasses and palm trees.
- The wide spread mode of transport is cart-track because the map shows a wide network of red lines which represents cart-tracks.
- Compact nucleated settlement.
- Dispersed or scattered settlement.