- Mitosis and Meiosis.
- Diffusion and Osmosis.
- Hormone and Enzyme.
- Myopia and Hypermetropia.
- Nervous system and hormonal system.
Explain the following terms:
- Turgor Pressure.
- Diffusion Pressure.
- Cell Cycle.
- Mendel’s law of dominance.
- Dihybrid Cross.
- Reflex action.
- Endocrine gland.
- Root hairs become flaccid, when fertilizers are added to the moist soil around it.
- During the day transpiration and photosynthesis are interlinked.
- Colour blindness is rarely reported in females.
- Twins may or may not be identical.
- Adrenalin is called the emergency hormone.
- Grapes shrink when immersed in a very strong sugar solution.
- Rapid increase of the population of India in recent times.
- One can tie shoe laces without seeing.
- Education is very important in population control.
- Meiosis is referred as reduction division.
State whether the following are true or false:
- The glands with ducts are called exocrine gland.
- The endocrine system performs its function by special compounds called enzymes.
- The part of the ear associated with balance is the cochlea.
- High humidity in the atmosphere results in decrease in the rate of transpiration.
- All the cells of the plant undergo photosynthesis.
- Chemicals applied to spots and places to kill harmful micro-organisms are called disinfectants.
- Pregnancy can be prevented by vasectomy.
- Over secretion of thyroxin causes simple goitre.
- Cranial nerves arise from the brain
- Image is formed on the blind spot.
State one difference in the following pairs.
- Tendon and ligament (function).
- Corpus callosum and corpus luteum (location).
- Ureter and Urethra (function).
- Conditional reflex and simple reflex (example).
- Stomatal transpiration and cuticular transpiration (parts from where it takes place).
Name the following:
- The gland which secretes insulin.
- An organization whose function is to produce and supply blood to needy victims of a natural calamity.
- A substance produced by micro-organisms which inhibit and kill other micro-organisms.
- The phenomena of the contraction of cytoplasm from the cell wall caused due to withdrawal of water from the cell when placed in a hypertonic solution.
- The fundamental unit of nervous system.
- The process of cell division where chromosome number remains the same.
- The part of brain which is concerned with memory.
- The endocrine gland which produces emergency hormone.
- The opening through which light enters the eyes.
- The tube that leads from the ovary to the uterus.
If you have any questions please post them in the FORUM.