5 tips to improve your concentration
Concentration is the ability to focus the attention on one single thought or subject, excluding everything else from the field of awareness. This is one of the most important abilities one should possess. In fact, most people lack the ability to concentrate. Their attention usually wanders, without being able to fix it on one subject for any reasonable period of time. But during an important exam such as ICSE it is very essential for all the students to improve their concentration for it improves their ability to study; conserves their energies; improves meditation; strengthens their intuition for the final ICSE exam.
The following steps will be helpful to improve your concentration:
1. It is very difficult to concentrate on one subject if you have one eye on the television or one ear to the radio program. In order to improve your concentration for ICSE external distractions must be reduced to a minimum
2. In order to improve our concentration we must stop trying to do several things at once i.e. we should not try to do two things or more at the same time. There must be a deliberate focusing of the attention. One-pointedness will develop a tremendous intensity which enables us to improve our concentration for ICSE.
3. You have to learn to control your thoughts. There are some inevitable distractions which, coming from our own thoughts, distract us from achieving pure concentration. The only solution of this problem is to learn to control our thoughts. We should not feel a helpless victim of our own mind. Rather we need to consciously watch our thoughts and prevent ourselves following any train of thought that detracts from our concentration. Before ICSE we should be very determined to concentrate without distracting thoughts.
4. Concentration is an activity. So, we may improve our concentration through practice. Actually, the more we practice; the better our concentration will be come in ICSE.
5. A daily period of meditation will definitely improve our powers of concentration. In fact to do well in ICSE when we try to meditate, it is concentration which is the first thing we need to master.
Carry out these five steps and you cannot fail to make the most out of the intellectual powers you possess.
By Koushik Bhattacharjee